Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Don't You Want More Money In Your Pocket

I went through the real estate listings today in my area and was shocked to see that there were so many homes on the market that were not viewer ready. How do Home Stagers educate real estate agents and home owners valuable lessons in making more money? I understand the words of real estate agents telling me "my home owners don't have the money to spend on a Home Stager" or "I am afraid my home owners won't be receptive to having a Home Stager come into their home because they are afraid it may cost too much", but it is OK to ask them to drop their price tens of thousands of dollars because their home sits on the market too long? Wouldn't you rather pay a few hundred dollars by having a Home Stager come in and help you get the price you are looking for in the first place?



I visited a home during an open house a couple of months ago that was in a very family oriented neighborhood in a very prestige part of town. The home was not staged and was over crowded with furniture. It needed de-cluttering and depersonalizing, and simply lacked the wow factor. The real estate agent asked me what I would do if I was going to stage this home. I made a couple of suggestions to her about the home and asked if the home owners would like to work with a Home Stager. Her answer was no. The home owners felt that because their home was in a great part of town it would sell quickly. That home is still on the market two months later with a steady flow of competition and has had to drop its price $30,000. If they would have had their home properly staged this costly mistake could have been avoided. Just because your home is in a great part of town doesn't mean it will sell.



Home Stagers want to help home owner increase the value of their homes. We want to help you bring your home up to its full potential thus putting more money in your pocket. A staged home sells faster and for more money.



Let's work together as a team of real estate professionals, home owners and Home Stagers to bring out the best in homes being sold.



YOU ONLY GET ONE CHANCE FOR FIRST IMPRESSIONS!

Karen Lafantaisie
email: karen@roombyroomhomestaging.com
www.roombyroomhomestaging.com

No comments:

Post a Comment